Friday Flock is a monthly communion service designed to accommodate all who find it difficult to worship on a weekly basis. Friday Flock typically meets on the first Friday of every month, though there are exceptions. Participants include residents from retirement centers, nursing homes, and shut-ins, people with walkers, in wheelchairs, and those whose work schedules interfere with regular weekly worship. Services are usually scheduled on the first Friday of each month, beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Each service is followed by a delicious luncheon in the Fellowship Hall.
- Trinity is handicapped accessible with handicapped parking on Summers Street. An elevator is available in the lobby.
- You are invited to come whenever you can and are encouraged to invite others you know to worship with you.
- Please keep the calendar of service dates handy as a reminder of the schedule.
- In the case of inclement weather, especially in the wintertime, please call the church to see if the service has been cancelled.
The Golden Circle is a senior’s organization for members and friends of Trinity, 60+ years of age or retired. The organization currently boasts a membership of 150+.
The goal of the organization as reflected in its mission statement is to minister to adults (60+) so that they enjoy a relationship with Jesus Christ and His people, continue to grow in service to each other, and make Jesus known in their contacts in the community and throughout the world.
- The Golden Circle meets to share fun, joy, and love no matter what activity they are engaged in.
- Meetings for business and fellowship are normally held on the second Thursday of each month beginning at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall of the church.
- Members bring a sack lunch and a dessert; and beverages are provided. Cards and other games follow lunch.
- The fourth Thursday of the month is typically set aside for other activities that include games, a speaker, day trips, special celebrations or other activities.
- Members pay dues of fifty cents at business meetings and an annual membership fee of seven dollars.
Senior’s Bible Study meets typically on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month from 9:30-10:30 am in the Meeting Lounge downstairs. Actually any adult, not just seniors, is welcome to attend this study. After this study, many in the class attend Golden Circle activities, which take place right after this Bible study concludes.
Trinity’s Christian Grandparenting 101 Ministry meets on the 3rd Monday of the month at 10:00 am in the Trinity Chapel. Even grandparents who already pray regularly for their grandchildren will discover creative suggestions for making the practice even more meaningful. In our group we learn how to pray over our grandchildren with scripture. No one is forced to pray out loud. Please join us!
Here are some helpful suggestions to pray for your grandchildren:
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. (1 John 5:14)
Pray for their relationship with God:
· That at an early age they will come to know Jesus as their Savior. ~ 2 Timothy 3:15
· That they will love the Lord with all their heart, soul, strength, and mind. ~ Mark 12:30
Pray for their development of Godly character:
· That they will exhibit the fruit of the Spirit. ~ Galatians 5:22-26
· That they will become more and more like Jesus and reflect his glory. ~ 2 Corinthians 3:18
Pray for their spiritual, physical, and emotional protection:
· That they will be protected from the evil one. ~ Matthew 6:13
· That they will be protected from physical harm. ~ Psalm 91:11
· That they will be free from anxiety and worry and receive God’s peace. ~ Philippians 4:6-7
Pray for their relationship with others:
· That they will honor and obey their parents. ~ Colossians 3:20
· That they will love others. ~ Mark 12:31
· That they will respect and obey civil authorities. ~ Romans 13:13
Pray for willing and effective ministry/service:
· That they will share the Good News. ~ Matthew 28:19, 20
· That they will serve the Lord with zeal and spiritual fervor. ~ Romans 12:11-12
· That they will discover and develop their spiritual gifts. ~ 1 Peter 4:10-11
Dear heavenly Father, I pray you will:
· Place a hedge of protection over children and grandchildren each day physically, emotionally and spiritually.
· Help them recognize the deception and evil in this world and be strong in their faith so they can resist the enemy.
· Draw them to Him with gentle cords of love.
· Shower them with blessings that exceed your dreams.
· Help your children and grandchildren to see themselves as God sees them full of promise, possibility, and potentiality.
· Help them to guard their hearts and be aware of God’s presence with them.
If you have a loved one who is unable to come to worship, we would love to bring worship to them by having either a pastor or an elder pay them a monthly visit. At this visit your loved one will have the opportunity to receive communion. The pastor or elder will read scripture, lift up prayers on the shut-in’s behalf, and share a friendly conversation.
Throughout the week Trinity’s Pastoral team and Elders visit those who are in the hospital offering prayers on their behalf and sharing the scriptures with them. If you have a loved one in the hospital please do not hesitate to contact us and request a visit.
For more information or to schedule a visit, please contact the church office at 586-731-4490.