Memorial & Honor Giving
A donation to Trinity Lutheran Church & School is a thoughtful way to remember a loved one's legacy or express your appreciation for someone special.
5 Ways to Give
You have the opportunity to give in five easy ways.
- ONLINE. You can give right here by clicking the “Give Online” button at the top of the page.
- MAIL. Simply mail in your contribution to Trinity Utica, 45160 Van Dyke, Utica, MI 48317.
- TEXT. Please text a dollar sign, the amount you want to give, plus the words “White Envelope” to the number 84321. Your text might look something like this: “$25 White Envelope.”
- MOBILE APP. Download the Church Center App from the App Store and sign in with your Planning Center login.
- STOCK/IRA. Please see instructions below.
If you are 70 ½ or older you can give from your IRAs Tax Free to the charities of your choice. You don’t have to wait for the end of the year but this option is available throughout the year. Contact your financial advisor to find out if this would be a good option for you.
When considering giving from IRAs consider if any of the following apply to you:
- You would like to GIVE ALL OR A PORTION OF YOUR REQUIRED MINIMUM DISTRIBUTION (RMD) to a charity income tax free
- You are interested in making a charitable IMPACT GIFT using your IRA tax free.
- The withdrawals from your IRAs are forcing you to PAY MORE TAX ON YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY payments
- You ITEMIZE YOUR TAXES and would like to deduct all or a portion of what you withdraw from your IRA
1 Chronicles 29:9 – “Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the LORD….”