A place to belong...
As long as you're able to meet, you're welcome! Our Senior's Ministry has plenty of opportunities to connect with one another so that we can lift each other up as God's people.
Friday Flock is a monthly communion service designed to accommodate all who find it difficult to worship on a weekly basis. Friday Flock typically meets on the first Friday of every month, though there are exceptions. Participants include residents from retirement centers, nursing homes, and shut-ins, people with walkers, in wheelchairs, and those whose work schedules interfere with regular weekly worship. Services are usually scheduled on the first Friday of each month, beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Each service is followed by a delicious luncheon in the Fellowship Hall.
- Trinity is handicapped accessible with handicapped parking on Summers Street. An elevator is available in the lobby.
- You are invited to come whenever you can and are encouraged to invite others you know to worship with you.
- Please keep the calendar of service dates handy as a reminder of the schedule.
- In the case of inclement weather, especially in the wintertime, please call the church to see if the service has been cancelled.
The Golden Circle is a senior’s organization for members and friends of Trinity, 60+ years of age or retired. The organization currently boasts a membership of 150+.
The goal of the organization as reflected in its mission statement is to minister to adults (60+) so that they enjoy a relationship with Jesus Christ and His people, continue to grow in service to each other, and make Jesus known in their contacts in the community and throughout the world.
- The Golden Circle meets to share fun, joy, and love no matter what activity they are engaged in.
- Meetings for business and fellowship are normally held on the second Thursday of each month beginning at 11:00 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall of the church.
- Members bring a sack lunch and a dessert; and beverages are provided. Cards and other games follow lunch.
- The fourth Thursday of the month is typically set aside for other activities that include games, a speaker, day trips, special celebrations or other activities.
- Members pay dues of fifty cents at business meetings and an annual membership fee of seven dollars.
If you have a loved one who is unable to come to worship, we would love to bring worship to them by having either a pastor or an elder pay them a monthly visit. At this visit your loved one will have the opportunity to receive communion. The pastor or elder will read scripture, lift up prayers on the shut-in’s behalf, and share a friendly conversation.
Throughout the week Trinity’s Pastoral team and Elders visit those who are in the hospital offering prayers on their behalf and sharing the scriptures with them. If you have a loved one in the hospital please do not hesitate to contact us and request a visit.
For more information or to schedule a visit, please contact the church office at 586-731-4490.
Upcoming Events for Seniors
Seniors Volunteer Opportunities
This important ministry connects seniors to one another through special events and regular relationship building opportunities.