WHO ARE WE?
One of many Lutheran churches who support ALL LIFE at ALL AGES. We meet 6 times a year and by email.
WHAT DO WE DO?
PRAY, PROCLAIM SCRIPTURE, EDUCATE, PARTICIPATE IN LIFE EVENTS. We encourage prayer and Scripture that declares, “Before you were created in the womb, I called you by name.”
We proclaim that all life is valuable: the unborn, physical/mentally and elderly.
Education to understand WHY all LIFE is a GIFT from God with age appropriate information church-wide: life sermons, pamphlets in restrooms, Sunday School, Witness and Evangelist articles. Topics such as Stem Cell Research, End of Life decisions, physically challenged, Euthanasia, Post abortion help, pre-born life.
- Day of Remembrance around the flag pole when a pastor leads a prayer service for all life
- National Life Chain
- Prayer Walk Through Utica with St. Lawrence
- 40 Days for LIFE
- Two peaceful prayer vigils at a woman’s clinic
- Sanctity of Life Sunday – Diapers for pregnancy centers collected
- Celebration of life in sermon, Sunday school, Day school, publications, with Life banner “Respecting All Life as a Gift From God” displayed.
- Plate collection for Lutherans for LIFE.
- Trinity Lutheran School Open House – Display table with age appropriate information about Lutherans for Life
- 40 Days for LIFE one peaceful prayer vigil and Celebration of Life Service, the first Saturday in March.
- Clothing collected sizes 0-18 for pregnant mothers
- Physically, mentally, emotionally challenged emphasis throughout the month
- Pre-birth baby models are displayed and discussed in Junior High classes in day school
- Fundraiser ”Fill a Bottle, Change a Life” – baby bottles are filled with coins from one week before Mother’s day through Father’s Day.
- Mothers and Fathers emphasis in sermons, articles with support for the family – life banner displayed, inserts in the bulletins
- Lutherans for LIFE- plate offering, receive information and events for Trinity.
- Compassion Pregnancy Center – diapers, baby clothes, money given
- Family of God Pregnancy Center in SW Detroit-Trinity members visit monthly (either first or third Thursday of each month) to help in free baby needs store
- Abigayle House – a live-in facility for pregnant women with health, education and spiritual guidance – We give money, clothing and diapers.