The Christmas Toy Shop is Coming to Trinity!
The Christmas Toy Shop will take place at Trinity Utica in the Fellowship Hall (Hall Rd & Van Dyke Ave).
- Child care is provided to any of our guests who may need it!
- Children are not permitted in the Shop Area – these gifts are intended to be a surprise!
- Keep Christmas morning special by wrapping your gifts before you go!
Our special wrapping assistants will be on hand to help!
- This is a one day event, any items not distributed during our event are distributed to other families in need through partner organizations.
- Once all slots are filled, a waiting list MAY be opened – please check back if registration is full and you are unable to register at this time.
How it works:
Eligible families in Macomb County must register in order to shop.
- Registration spots are limited.
- Due to the overwhelming registration response, our committee has limited applicants to Macomb County Only unless there has been a direct referral within our organization.
- Each shopper must select an available shopping appointment time.
- In order to allow all registered guests to shop, our shopping assistants will help navigate through the gift selections.
- Please arrive during your scheduled appointment time.
- Due to the large volume of shoppers, it is important that all shoppers arrive during their scheduled dedicated shopping hour.
We ask that families in need within Macomb County provide verification of need via current program enrollment (WIC, SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, Medicare, SSDI, etc.) This program is designed to assist our local neighbors in need - proximity may play a factor in qualification.
If there are extenuating circumstances for your family resulting in hardship, or if you have any questions please email Jenny at email@example.com.
A Note for Grandparents:
We do understand that there are non-custodial Grandparents in need this Christmas who would like to provide gifts for their Grandchildren. This program is primarily designed to accommodate parents and caregivers directly. We are unable to accommodate non-custodial guardian shoppers effective the 2023 Toy Shop.
Trinity Lutheran Church and School collects a selection of new toys, clothes, books and other gift items by donation. These items are made available to families in need at significantly reduced prices.
Original Price $1-$10, Christmas Toy Shop Price $1.
Original Price $11-$20, Christmas Toy Shop Price $2.
Original Price $21-$30, Christmas Toy Shop Price $3.
Original Price $31-$40, Christmas Toy Shop Price $4.
- Shoppers will be able to spend up to $10 per child.
Our shop runs solely on donations and volunteers. If you or someone you know is interested in helping to make Christmas special for neighboring families, please register as a Volunteer or Toyshop Contributor (Gift Donor/Shopper) for more information, a list of assignments and wish lists of items that will help this year's Toy Shop to be the best yet!
Gift Requests / Wish Lists: In registering your children, we ask for Age, Sex, Sizes and Wish List items to help us in gathering appropriate gifts. Please keep in mind, all of our gifts are sourced from donations. We are unable to offer gift cards, video games, tablets or "big ticket" items (such as bikes). If requesting bedding or specific items, please be sure to indicate size if necessary to help us ensure we have an appropriate selection.
We always welcome any suggestions for toys, sports items, books, etc. especially for any older children being shopped for - please enter these in the "Wish List" section under the child registration entry.